Renewal Applicants please be aware that your organic certification will remain in effect until surrendered or revoked, regardless of the renewal date on your Product List.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
The 2018 application deadlines have changed. Renewal applications are due by your Anniversary Date listed on your Product List. New applications may be accepted at any time. Please be aware that the inspection/certification process for both new and renewal applications can take months, and it is therefore recommended that applications be submitted as soon as possible.
The heart of the application for organic certification is the Organic System Plan (OSP). The OSP, which includes information about what you plan to produce this year and how, is the heart of the applications below. For a generic example of a completed OSP for crops, click here.
Please be aware that production practices must be verified to give customers the guarantee promised by organic certification. Much of this assurance is in the form of records kept during production, records that will be included in the annual site inspection by a trained organic inspector.
If you are a first-time applicant for organic certification and have questions about completing the application for certification you can email the Organic Program Advisory Committee for help. The Advisory Committee is composed of certified organic farmers and ranchers. One of the committee members will get back to you within a week. Please do the following things to get help: Put “help with organic application” in the subject line of your email
- In the body of your email please tell the committee the approximate size of your farm, ranch or processing operation; what are your principal crops, breeds, or products; and your geographical location. Also include your contact information and your preferred method of contact. If you would like a phone call, please let the committee know the best time to reach you.
- Send your email to: Julia Conlogue.
Universal Organic Certification Forms:
- Organic Crop Certification (First-time & Renewal)
- Field History Form (required for new crop producer applicants)
- Ruminant Livestock Application (First-time & Renewal)
- Non-Ruminant Livestock Application (First-time & Renewal)
- Processing and Handling Application (First-time & Renewal)
Supplementary Application Forms and Resources: