Certificates of Free Sale (Food Safety)

The New Mexico Department of Agriculture – Feed, Seed & Fertilizer Section issues certificates of free sale. These are issued for firms involved in the foreign export of feed and fertilizer products. These products must be manufactured in, or distributed from, the state of New Mexico. Certificates of free sale verify products being exported are registered with the NMDA-FSF Section. They must also be in compliance with the New Mexico Commercial Feed Act or The New Mexico Fertilizer Act. These are also freely marketed in the state of New Mexico and the United States.

Certificate Sample

Certificate of Free Sale Criteria

  • A completed Free Sale application must accompany each request (only one certificate will be issued per application)
  • Business must be in good standing with the New Mexico Secretary of State’s office
  • All products are currently registered with the New Mexico Department of Agriculture – Feed, Seed & Fertilizer Section
  • Products will read on the certificate exactly as they appear on the company’s registration certificate

Application for Certificate of Free Sale

Our website has changed! Visit NMDeptAg.nmsu.edu for the most up-to-date information. This website, www.nmda.nmsu.edu, will go offline soon.Visit new site here