Thank you for submitting your 2017 Organic Application.
Applications are now being reviewed. Thank you for your patience during our personnel transition.
New Applicants will be given first priority.
Renewal Applicants please be aware that your organic certification will remain in effect until surrendered or revoked, regardless of the renewal date on your Product List.
Please contact Mr. Stacy Gerk at 505-320-8590 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Applications for certification renewal are due April 1, 2017; first-time crop applications should be submitted no later than August 1, 2017.
The heart of the application for organic certification is the Organic System Plan (OSP). The OSP, which includes information about what you plan to produce this year and how, is the heart of the applications below. For a generic example of a completed OSP for crops, click here.
Please be aware that production practices must be verified to give customers the guarantee promised by organic certification. Much of this assurance is in the form of records kept during production, records that will be included in the annual site inspection by a trained organic inspector.
If you are a first-time applicant for organic certification and have questions about completing the application for certification you can email the Organic Program Advisory Committee for help. The Advisory Committee is composed of certified organic farmers and ranchers. One of the committee members will get back to you within a week. Please do the following things to get help:Put “help with organic application” in the subject line of your email
- In the body of your email please tell the committee the approximate size of your farm, ranch or processing operation; what are your principal crops, breeds, or products; and your geographical location. Also include your contact information and your preferred method of contact. If you would like a phone call, please let the committee know the best time to reach you.
- Send your email to: Organic Advisory Committee.
- Please note that applications are in pdf format and will require a pdf reader. If you would like a Microsoft Word version of any of these applications please e-mail: email@example.com
- Download the First-time Application for Organic Crop Certification (you have not previously been certified by NMDA)
- You will ALSO need to submit a Field History
- Download the 2017 Crop Renewal (you were certified by NMDA in 2016). This abbreviated renewal application should only be used by CROP producers who were certified by the NMDA Organic Program in 2016. Please note that any changes made to your Organic System Plan/2016 Application since the last time you corresponded with NMDA must be noted on this renewal form. This short form will reduce the paperwork required to maintain your organic certification. If you have questions about the form please call (505) 841-9427, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have feedback about the renewal form please send it to: email@example.com.
- 2017 Application for Organic Ruminant Livestock Certification (First-time/Renewal)
- 2017 Application for Organic Non-Ruminant Livestock Certification (First-time/Renewal)
- 2017 Application for Organic Handler/Processor Certification (First-time/Renewal)
- 2017 Vendor Questionnaire (Required for Cost Share Applications)
Supplementary Application Forms:
Print This Page