Where can I find information about transporting livestock in and out of New Mexico?

The New Mexico Livestock Board oversees livestock disease control, theft, and transport. Visit their web site or call 505-841-6161 for information.

How can I find out if my pest control guy is licensed?

He should have his license with him and can show it to you. No one can apply pesticides (including herbicides) for hire in New Mexico without a license. You can check the downloadable list of commercial pest control companies; you can also call NMDA at 575-646-2134 and we’ll be happy to look someone up for you.

Where can I get information about what pesticide to use or what pest may be on my plants?

One of your first contacts should be your local County Extension Agent. Some communities also have Master Gardener programs which assist local Agents in providing accurate information to area gardeners. Your library probably has books on household and garden pests, and the Internet is a great resource for this kind of information, too.

I’ve got termites. What can I do?

First, don’t panic! Termites will not eat your home in the next couple of weeks. You have time to shop around and study your options. Follow this link for more information on what your options are and what to look for when you’re hiring a professional.

What do I do if I want to file a complaint about a gas station?

The first thing to do is to get as much information as possible. Know the pump number, the grade of gas, the name and address of the establishment, and any other information you think might be pertinent. Call our office at 575-646-1616 with this information or you can reach us via email. We would like to have your name, address and a daytime phone number along with a description of the problem. Complaints are vital to our department. We take all complaints very seriously, and we respond to these as quickly as we can.

What are the dimensions of a cord of wood?

A cord is 128 cubic feet. Stack your wood neatly by placing the wood in a row with the pieces touching and parallel to each other and with as few gaps as possible. Multiply the length times the width times the height of the stack. If this equals 128 cubic feet, then you have a cord of wood. A common measurement of a cord of wood is 8 feet by 4 feet by 4 feet.

What is tare weight?

This is the weight of all wrapping, packaging, or any other material used to contain or transport the product. Items must be sold by net weight (the weight of the product itself). Selling a product by gross weight (net weight plus tare weight) is illegal.

I have an 18 gallon gas tank, but the pump says I put 18.5 gallons into my empty tank. Is this possible?

Yes. The capacity of your gasoline tank found in your owner’s manual is only an estimate. The actual volume it holds can be higher or lower than the stated capacity. If you still feel you are being cheated, contact our office at 575-646-1616 to file a complaint.

How often do you check commercial weighing and measuring devices and gas stations?

We inspect these annually. To determine if we have certified the device, look for a current Tested and Approved seal.

Print This Page Print This Page