This photo was the cover of the “Wildfire Season in New Mexico” newsletter that NMDA produced in Spring 2013 and distributed via 26 newspapers across New Mexico June 2-8.
Our thanks to the following partners, whose websites feature additional information on protecting yourself, your family, your pets, and your property this wildfire season:
- The Office of Governor Susana Martinez
- New Mexico Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- The National Fire Protection Association’s Firewise Communities program
- New Mexico State Forestry
- New Mexico State University’s Cooperative Extension Service
- Southwest Border Food Safety and Defense Center
- Animal Protection of New Mexico
- New Mexico Livestock Board
For information on fire restrictions in place on public lands across New Mexico, click here or call 1-877-864-6985.
For information on how to deal with post-fire insurance claims, replacing important documents, and salvaging damaged items, please see After the Fire, a document created by FEMA.
The wildfire newsletter was a cooperative effort between New Mexico Department of Agriculture, New Mexico Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). It was funded through the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program.